Thursday, November 13, 2008

Harford Frocks





I found these fashion cards in a Savannah antiques store many years ago. The skirt length and cloche hats suggest the 1928-1930 era. If anyone recognizes this company, let me know.

The summer fashion card doesn't say Harford, but it's the same size card as the others (roughly 9.5 X 7.5 inches) and was found in the same store. I imagine all of these cards were a part of a high-end catalog presentation for a wealthier clientele (there's a reference to "the shirred waistline of Mlle. Chanel" on the second card from the top.)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for these beautiful
    clear scans. I have really
    enjoyed seeing the clothes
    from this era.

    Kind regards
    Sally (from Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like them! Keep checking in, I have a lot more to show and tell here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a complete "sales rep kit" for Harford Frocks with at least 50 cards such as you have posted. I entered a search for Harford Frocks, Inc. and found your blog. The kit even has fabric samples and is for 1929-1930. At least two of the cards are the same as you have posted. What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a sales kit with fabric samples for these dresses! And 50 cards to boot. What a terrific find.

    ReplyDelete