Monday, May 24, 2010

Palmolive Ad, 1922

Another great ad from the Duke Digital Archive.

Brides and grooms were on my mind this weekend: I attended my nephew's wedding in Lisle, Illinois. Great fun and a darling couple, but sorry I couldn't stay longer and roam around Chicago, something I haven't done in years. Flying out to O'Hare on a Friday morning and flying back to LaGuardia Sunday afternoon can be exhausting! 

Thanks to everyone who commented on my hasty Postcard Friendship Friday post. I was in such a rush, I didn't have a chance to link to The Best Hearts Are Crunchy or comment on other PFF posts. Will play catch up this week.

1 comment:

  1. I just adore all those old magazine ads. There are some gorgeous ones by Lux soap flakes. Don't know where Lux went. Probably the same place as Palmolive, Camay, Woodbury, and Lifebouy. Also gone are Rinso, Oxydol and Fels Naptha. Detergents changed bathing and laundry - and I would say for the better. Carol

    ReplyDelete