Sunday, June 13, 2010

Veronica paper doll, 1962


Above, a 1962 Veronica paper doll, courtesy of KB at Out of This World. He has several others posted, including Margie and Patsy and Hedy. KB and his wife Sheila just celebrated their 27th anniversary, so congratulations to them. Of course, Sheila used to play with paper dolls when she was growing up. I bet she'd have a great time at the convention in Kansas City, which starts July 1. And KB might even find a Katy Keene comic book with paper dolls. Seems every time he tries to snag one on eBay, he's outbid. There are a lot of Katy fans out there!
 

6 comments:

  1. I had forgotten that Veronica as so curvy and voluptuous. Wow! Somehow I remember her as being thin like Barbie. I didn't read those comic books until the early 70s though, so maybe she slimmed down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's possible they slimmed down Veronica (and Betty) to reflect changes in style and taste. I was reading Archie comics in the early 1960s, so this is the Veronica I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your blog. Paper-crafting is a "second craft" for me and I just got two big sacks of early 1900's primers and workbooks for a song. I am a happy camper.

    I remember Veronica so well...and Katy Keene. Just love all this stuff. Many of your paper dolls were ones I had not heard of...before me, I hope!

    My daughter and I have a relatively new blog...less then three months. Come and visit sometime if you would like! It's really not all about jewelry!

    http://katsuijewelry.blogspot.com

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. If they slimmed her down, then I think they must have filled her out again in the late 80s. Because that's when I discovered her. If I were going to the convention.. She's who I'd want be on dress up night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this the veronica from ARchie? I was always a Betty fan. Do you have paper dolls of her too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Betty that I will post. And yes, Betty and Veronica are from the Archie comics!

    ReplyDelete